This page, self help on relationships, is a continuation of another page, Self Help With Relationships. It is to help you explore the most important part of every relationship - YOU!
This is a simple introduction to the PROCESS of self inquiry, self reflection and holding a healing space of loving kindness toward what you experience.
These self help on relationships questions help you dig deep
so you can uncover (and hold space for) highly charged feelings you may not even be aware of.
Remember! Non-judgment and loving kindness supports you in facing and healing your feelings.
As you proceed, pause to notice how is this "self help on relationships" inquiry process feels for you. Focus on noticing body sensations more than mental labeling of emotions.
- Does your fear of relationship include fear of intimacy? Do you attract others who afraid of intimacy?
- How often does sex include the use of mood-altering substances?
- Are you comfortable with looking someone in the eye and quietly speaking from your heart about your feelings or needs?
- Is it natural for you to be affectionate while you are "clean and sober"?
- Have you noticed that you look outside yourself for love, validation or approval?
- Do differences in opinions or values feel bad?
- Does your worry about what others think influence your feelings and choices? Are you afraid of what others DO think of you?
- Do you get discouraged and/or hostile when you think that you have to change in order to be loved or accepted?
- How authentic are you with others, especially those close to you?
- Do you need to "prove" yourself?
- Are you afraid to just be how you are, right or wrong, good or bad, warts and foibles and all?
- Do you tend to cut off or leave relationships rather than work things out?
- Are you able to bring things up for discussion? Are you strong as well as flexible in holding your own? Can you "agree to disagree" and stay loving?
- Do you attract partners who can communicate positively?
- Do you have positive expectations about the outcomes of discussions, or of relationships in general?
- Do you accept that differences create the tension and electricity, the attraction and dynamic healing power of relationships?
That's a lot of stuff to be thinking about and feeling - and it is just the beginning of self help on relationships!
It is like a mindfulness practice for relationships.
Another VERY crucial and powerful approach is to explore your inner relationship experiences with each of your parents. Seriously...this is a MUST DO.
I am SOO excited to be part of your learning curve for self help on relationships !
I kind of live for this sort of thing!
I also want you to know that it is good to get help and work with a pro.
There is nothing else like a powerful session (facilitated by ME :-) ) through the process called Resonance Repatterning © .
That is how I healed... first doing sessions on myself, then working with hundreds of people all over the world.
I'm devoted to all three ways - self help on relationships - private sessions -and group workshops. It is all SO healing (and so important).
"The sense of peace and optimism is wonderful."
"I hit a wall of sadness, loneliness,
depression and anxiety. My
therapist wasn't able to drill into the reasons and get me feeling
Laura's site had me feeling positive that there were imprinted patterns that could be changed without
medication, without years of talk therapy. I was skeptical, but in a lot of
pain and called Laura.
After one interesting and very insightful session, I was
hooked. Laura was able to identify abandonment issues that no therapist had
been able to, even to pinpointing the specific years of my childhood that were
at issue. They were years I was not aware of, and had to reach to my older
brother to fill in the blanks of that period in my life.
It turned out there was much sadness, grief, death and
abandonment during my formative years...years I don't even remember but that
have imprinted me.
I have now worked with Laura for over 6 weeks. I am hooked!
This work is interesting, rejuvenating, quite different and I feel uplifted at
the end of every session.
I am a different person today than I was six weeks ago. My
abandonment issues are GREATLY diminished. I am much more aware of my triggers,
know how to manage them better and feel more in control and happier than I've
been in a long time. The sense of peace and optimism is wonderful.
Some of my friends think this work sounds crazy, I am a
convert and am pleased beyond words that my web search brought me to Laura and
Resonance Repatterning work."
Thank you Laura. You're a gem! ~L.G.~ Executive Manager,
Fortune 500 Company, CA
Holistic Relationship Help
Top of Homepage: Holistic Relationship Therapist
Go to Self Help With Relationships (Part One of this page)
By Laura Frisbie, M.Ed., CRRP
All Sessions Provided by Phone / Skype
Because I'm a Certified Resonance Replacement Practitioner, insurance is not an option. Published content, sessions, webinars, etc., are not a substitute for psychiatric treatment.